Thursday, April 9, 2009

Take Me Out To the Ball Game!



Last weekend we went to a pre-season Ranger's game with some friends from our ABF class at church. $4 tickets and parking!!!! Ya can't beat that! And it was a gorgeous day...a little hot in the sun, but since we were in the nose-bleed section, it wasn't too far to the very top...and the shade!


Meg is going through a strict no-smiling phase. I think she's self-conscious about how many teeth she's missing! She's lost the top front two AND two front bottom ones...all within a few weeks!

Now this kinda face is more her style!





Did I mention it was hot?



We felt bad for this poor Kansas City guy, who's mama named him "Cocoa Krisp".

One of our friends is a very smart and experienced Rangers fan. She advised us to bring plenty of frozen water bottles and snacks in a backpack. Didn't know you could do that! We brought peanuts. It kept the girls entertained for a while.



Then boredom set in, as well as the heat stroke, so the girls and I spent most of the last few innings up in the shade of the tippy top of the stands. Overall, Dan and I enjoyed ourselves, and the girls took a great nap on the way home!

1 comment:

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Very fun! I didn't know they had a cheap pre-season game like that! We'll have to watch for that. Glad ya'll had a good time enjoying the warm day.