It has become a tradition that for Spring Break, the girls and I drive up to Nashville by ourselves to see my family. It's a long 11 hours...especially since this year we added both dogs to the mix! I'm either very brave...or CRAZY! We were blessed with good weather, a cooperative vehicle, and well-behaved children and animals! Thank the Lord! I took a few pics with my camera phone to show our serene drive. : ) Hurley was a good boy, sleeping much of the way on my lap. And I guess that made Oscar my co-pilot in the passenger seat!
We loved every minute of our visit with Mimi, Papa, Aunt Stephie, and our precious cousins - Ethan, Ella & baby Matthew! I couldn't get enough of their tiny little voices...Ella - "how are you, Ella?" "I'm doing good, Amy!" Ethan - "Where's Meg?" (referring to either of the girls, but usually he meant Emily!) Steph said he woke up one morning after we had gone, asking where she was again? So sweet. We can't wait for them to be old enough to come for a visit to Texas!
We had lots of fun planned all week long! Mimi prepared a quilting project for the girls. They began a pink leopard pillow that they will keep at Mimi's to have to work on each visit! They were both quite the little quilters!! Mimi even put together little quilter's tool kits for them both. We enjoyed a morning at the mall with just the girls and the little guys. And we took advantage of a gorgeous Tennessee spring day to visit the zoo! Papa spoiled us with bunches of tokens for the carosel! It was the highlight of our day!
The only thing that would have made our trip better would have been to have Daddy and Uncle Eric join us in our adventures! But alas....someone has to go to work! Maybe next time....
Creepy Returns
8 years ago










2 comments:
I'm glad that I didn't visit the reptile house with you...too scary for Mimi! Sitting in the shade is more my speed!
MIMI
What a great time! I think it's cool that you're crazy brave enough to do it yourself. You're a girl after my own heart! :)
Post a Comment