
The Ranger Round Up is amazing to me. Somehow, their principal captures the entire school's attention, hardly having to quite them down at all! During this time, they have annoucements, recognize quality work, say their pledges, and on Fridays, induct extraordinary students into the Hall of Fame (Meg got that honor last year, and Emily in her Kindergarten year too). Here they are giving a good morning "yee-haw!"
After pledging to the US and Texas flags, they recite a personal pledge to do their very best that day...
Then it was the first graders turn to share what they had been learning. They recited the poem "Scat Cat".
Then came the Hat Parade around the gym. Meg is in the center with the pink shirt, khakis, and white visor.

After the parade, the entire school stood and sang a song together. It's R Kelly's "World's Greatest"...
It was so sweet to watch all of these little elementary kids and teachers doing the motions together, singing "World's Greatest". I got a little teary-eyed. It's an inspirational song that underscores the importance of each child at our school. I wish I had my camcorder with me, but try to imagine a gymnasium full of k-5th graders all singing and dancing together! Here I go again...watery eyes...I've turned into a sap in my old age! Here it is, if you'd like to hear it. (You'll have to first pause my playlist to the right, then click on "pop out player" below...I"m sure there's a better way to do this, but I don't have time to fiddle with it right now : )We are incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful school with outstanding leadership and gifted teachers who all care so very much for our kids!










1 comment:
That sounds great! I'm picturing opening assembly of VBS but bigger. I'd be teary eyed too. ;)
Post a Comment