Thursday, September 11, 2008

On this day 7 years ago...

Dan was in Florida on business. That morning, I took a pregnancy test and discovered that I was pregnant with Meg. I was planning how to surprise Dan with the news. What a bittersweet day. I was watching Fox News that morning as I got ready for our women's bible study, when I saw it all happen live on tv.

We put up our flag today to remember and honor that day and those whose lives were taken or heroically given. I'm so thankful that we have managed, through the grace of God, to continue on as a nation and proudly stand for freedom still today. But I am also saddened by how quickly we seem to have forgotten. May we forever remember that day and tell our children and our children's children of the sacrifices made as a result of that day.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I don't think I realized that this was the day that you found out you were pg with Meggy! I will try to think of that first when I hear September 11th from now on.

EEEEMommy said...

I was thinking the same thing about how soon we forget on 9-11. Actually, I was thinking about Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, the day that would live in infamy and how we hardly notice anymore. Will this infamous day and the many who sacrificed so much also fade so quickly? Heaven forbid!