Thank you for your prayers. This weekend was amazing! The women of our church saw God move in a mighty way in our hearts and minds. It was a time for us to all be very real together, to be transparent, authentic, and vulnerable...to share our own struggles, inadequacies, trials, and our deep need for Christ...and most importantly, to share how God holds onto us tightly through those times...and though difficult, how much the better we are for them when we allow God to work in the midst of our imperfect lives. The theme of our weekend was "radiance". I pray that we all returned home just as Moses had from his mountain top experience with the Lord...radiating His glory. Because when we are broken, weak and struggling, it is then that His light shines the brightest. 
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
II Corinthians 4:7-9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
II Corinthians 12:9a
And then we had a wonderful time to just hang out and fun too!! I thought as long as I was being brave with my public speaking, then I may as well go all the way and brave the zip line and kareoking as well! : )

Our Children's Ministry team making utter and complete fools of ourselves. (These pictures are purposefully small!)
"God created us for this: to live our lives in such a way that makes Him look more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that He really is." John Piper







2 comments:
It looks like you had an awesome weekend full of depth and fun! :)
Those II Cor. verses are a couple of my favorite. I also like Ps. 34, "they looked unto Him and were radiant and their faces will never be ashamed." Radiance is glorious!
You bless my heart with your encouragement! I am so glad to have reconnected through blogging! :)
Have a great evening enjoying your husband, your kids, and your Lord! :) And if you have any reason to be in Indiana, look us up! :)
Looks like you had a blast! I am so proud of you Amo. I am sure your testimony touched many women that were there. Love you
Post a Comment