
My TI-81 just died on me. I'm in mourning. It has been my favorite (now antiquated) calculator since 1992. You should see the graphs it can--could--do. Regular calculators just don't do it for me. I pulled it out to do some quick calculations to email Emily's teacher about a project I'm working on for her. I know I've totally scared her. My rinky-dink TI-Explorer Plus had to finish the job. *Sigh*







3 comments:
I love you, Amy! :) You're awesome! :)
I'm a nerd too! I was jealous in my Sr. year of high school of the kids who had their own TI-81! Our Calc. teacher had a set he kept under lock and key. :)
Chris got one in college, and we were just using it the other night on our Dave Ramsey homework. ;)
Ethan has had fun playing with it too. In fact, he's the one who replaced the batteries so that it would work. LOL We thought it was broken.
I feel your pain!
As a fellow closet math-worshiping mommy, my heart breaks for you. The smooth click of the keys, the snapping sound of the case when its work is done (not like those lame HP zipper purses), the important formulas entered so many years ago (someday we will need them again), it was once so coveted that you never left your dorm without it... I'm so sorry. I will think of you the next time that I reach for mine.
Debbie :)
Yes you are a dork but I love you anyway. I think I sold mine at a pawn shop and went out with the $$ : )
Post a Comment