Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

This morning I gave the girls the task of decorating their own mini Christmas trees for their rooms. They've been itching to finish our family tree. We put up our FABULOUS brand-new-pre-lit-bought-on-clearance-last-year Christmas tree on Saturday. It was so nice to just fold down the branches, plug it in, and then fluff! I guess all of that fluffing tired Dan out, because we quit decorating after that and put in Home Alone. We hope to finish with the ornaments tomorrow night before we head out of town. Anyway, here's the girls' cute little trees....I got all of the tiny ornaments for half off at Hobby Lobby! Woo Hoo!

~ Emily's beautiful tree ~

~ Meg's fabulous tree ~

-----------------------------------------------------------------


Many of our closest friends homeschool. We look forward to days when we are out of school so that we can have a special play date with them! Today on our first day of Thanksgiving break, we met our friends the Davis' and the Mannings at the BK. The kids were so jazzed about all being together again (we used to all attend the same church). It was an extra special treat for Meg...she loves Katie so much and we just aren't intentional enough about getting together more often. I am so bad about that! Especially when it is such a blessing for me to spend some time with two of my favorite people, Celeste and Julie! I love you girls! : )

Kiddos sharing a happy meal



"Hey, moms! Up here! Look at us!!!"


Sweet friends ~ Meg, Katie & Reese

1 comment:

CZ said...

Aww..they look so happy :) ! We need to make sure to stay close. My kids hearts were just singing that day. I love you guys!