Wednesday, November 12, 2008

American Batstand

Emily's 3rd grade class wrote their OWN musical! Ms. Pitts, their music teacher, taught them five main notes and had each class come up with their own tune. Not only did they come up with the music, but they also wrote the lyrics AND choreographed a little dance to their song! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE their school? The kids were so proud of themselves...they did a fantastic job!



Emily & friends, Kaitlyn and Erica


The theme was "American Batstand" (didn't quite get how the bats went along with the performance...I think it had something to do with a book that they read and became their inspiration). The five different classes came up with songs from different eras of American music. Emily's class made up a jive...."Bat's Jive".

We were encouraged to dress up from any of the decades, and so we chose the 50's since their song was a jive. Thankfully, I was able to find this poodle skirt! Mom made it for me when I was about Emily's age, and she loved it!


Emily had a big speaking role as one of the announcers! Normally, she is usually quite shy about getting up in front of others, but she said she wasn't even nervous last night! She did such a wonderful job...we were so proud of her!


~The Announcers~

Mrs. Smith's class jivin'


Emily and Ms. Pitts

Emily is also having fun in the honor choir at school this year!

No comments: