Friday, August 28, 2009

Part II: Summertime with Mimi & Papa

Well, I did it! I managed to get on the plane and leave my sweet girls behind for a week full of fun with their Mimi & Papa! It was SO hard to do...I waited to cry all the way until the ride home in the van with Dan. The girls had a WONDERFUL time on their special visit with their grandparents, and with all of our spare time, Dan and I went on a date, and I painted one of the rooms at the nursery at church.

Papa took the girls horseback riding! They absolutely LOVED it (especially Emily, my animal lover)! This was Meg's first time riding a horse. Emily had done it twice before at church camp, but was so excited to do it again!

Another day, Mimi & Papa took the girls to the Children's Science Museum in Nashville. It looks like such a neat place! They got to experience a lot of fun things like moonwalking, age progression, and what it might be like to be handicapped.

I'm glad they had so much fun, but I'm SO happy to have my family all back under one roof again! : )


No comments: