Friday, August 28, 2009

The Circus Came to Town!

Mimi & Papa brought the girls home to us after their extended visit in Nashville. Oh my goodness, we were so glad to have them both home! We even got to enjoy a few days with Mom & Dad before they hit the road again to travel back to Tennessee.

That weekend, Mimi, Dan, and the girls and I had fun at the circus! We went extra early to see the animals behind the scenes and to visit the circus floor to watch the clowns do their thing! This was by far, our favorite part of the whole circus experience! Mimi got the girls a program, and Meg LOVED taking it around to different performers to get their autographs! They were great in how they interacted with the children. It was so much fun! Here's some color pictures we got:


This guys was AMAZING! He was constantly moving...busy getting his groove on amidst the crowd up on his stilts! I got in his way at one point and was so afraid I'd make him fall! I just closed my eyes and ducked my head hoping he'd find his way around me. He just stepped right over me! Whew!

This team of Chinese acrobats were fasinating to watch too!


The girls were both asked to come into the ring to be a part of their act. Guess who jumped at the chance? Emily and I are so much alike....we hate the spotlight!

This was the autograph that Meg wanted THE MOST! When the beautiful acrobat was done dangling in the air with her death-defying routine, Meg made a bee-line up to her to ask for it!


Our seats were at the VERY top of the Big Top! Literally! Row Y of a total Z rows! They were still not bad seats, unless you had to make a trip to the restroom, then it was a workout! We had a BLAST!

No comments: