One of my favorite things to do is to go on field trips with my girls! They are always so excited to have me there with them (I know there will come a time when that won't be the case!), and I enjoy getting to know their school friends and their mommies too. Yesterday, Meg and I went with her 1st grade class to a petting farm. Meg has really taken an interest in animals recently, even claiming that she one day want to be a vet. Visiting all of the different animal pens was a real treat for her!
The first pen we went to was the goat pen, where they had some babies. The children were allowed to hold them if they were sitting down (same rule we have with baby cousins : ). This little fella took a liking to Meg, and especially her hair!
We learned that sheep tongues tickle! The guys were starving!!! I'm sure they hadn't been fed for days (much like our Oscar thinks!)

Our favorite was the chicken pen! This was the only place where the kiddos were allowed to pick up the animals--if you could catch them first! Meg was all about that. She quickly became an expert chicken catcher.

After our picnic lunch in the park, the kids had fun climbing trees. Meg did pretty good, considering we don't have a climable tree in our yard to practice on!

At the end of the day, everyone got to pick out a pumpkin to take home. We're going to carve ours tonight!








1 comment:
I love that smile! :)
I tagged you for the 7 Random/Weird Things meme.
Post a Comment