Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crafts for Learning! : )

I asked Meg's teachers how I could help them with tasks from home, and Mrs. Haynes sent me home with these cute crafts! They all came from a book that has you use hangers and butcher paper to make fun learning center creations. I didn't come up with these! Just followed the directions.....but aren't they cute?!

This one is for a writing center where the children pick out a card from the pocket and then practice their handwriting by writing what is on the card:

The clown center has story writing promts. For example one of the cards in the pocket says, "Bobo's trained dog hates getting a bath!"

This doggy one is Meg's favorite! She keeps asking when I'm gonna take it back up to her classroom!

Obviously, this one is a center concentrating on categorizing things. Each envelope has a stack of cards with words or pictures on them inside, and the outside of the envelope has 3-4 different categories under which the children are to appropriately divide the cards.

Googly eyes make everything more fun! 8-)

No comments: