Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Concerts

Last week kept us busy with Christmas concerts! Emily joined the school Honor Choir this year, and they had a performance on Tuesday evening. I'm going to have to invest in a digital video camera so that I can caputre these audio moments for you! The kids did a really good job! They sang a couple of traditional Christmas songs, threw in a couple of of hip hop carols, and ended the concert with a candle light version of "Silent Night". Mrs. Pitts went on and on about how proud she was of her choir. We think she's pretty special too!

The Reindeer Rap

Silent Night


Then the very next night BOTH of the girls participated in our children's Christmas program at church. It was a musical written/complied by one of our volunteer moms called, "Fabulous Christmas". There were songs with choreography, drama, and DRUMLINE! (All the kids LOVE drumline! They learned a routine in which they beat their drumsticks on tables. Didn't get a very good picture of either of that song.)


The children were also able to chose one special performace to learn for the program, and Meg and Emily both chose sign language. Their performance was so beautiful and graceful. (Again, a video here would be nice ; )

They signed the song, "I Adore You".

I adore You...

Tiny Baby...I adore You Blessed One...I adore You Lord and Father...I adore You Holy One.

You are my Life....You are my Hope...You are my Everything.

You are my Peace, my All in All, my Savior and my King

You make me want to sing.......I adore You.....

For You alone are worthy...for You alone are worthy...for You alone are worthy

Christ the Lord!

We give You all the glory...we give You all the glory...we give You all the glory

Christ the Lord!

I adore You...tiny Baby...I adore You...Holy One

I adore You...Holy One.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

What fun! The sign language song looks awesome! :)