Thursday, July 24, 2008

Golf Lessons

After enjoying many blogs from family and friends, I decided it was time to begin our own. It's just such a great way to keep up with the latest in everyone's lives! So here we go with our first post: Golf Lessons!




The girls spent every morning last week learning to play golf! Several sports camps were offered this summer through our local rec center. This particular camp was offered at the park just across from our neighborhood...pretty convenient!

Look at that great form, Papa! Emily looked so graceful with her swing.




They chose golf -- mostly because of the set of pink golf clubs they saw at WalMart : ) Maybe Santa will bring them a set if they continue to enjoy playing. It was pretty hot, but thankfully, the lessons were in the mornings -- 3 whole hours! So by the end they were ready to be done.

Once Meg got down the tricky grip, she was a powerhouse!




Everyday they had contests....Meg won the longest hitter, and Emily won the straightest hitter. They were so proud! They even got a set of colored golf balls the last day. Can you guess which was their favorite? The pink one, of course! I think there might be lessons offered after school this fall, so we'll be looking into those, I'm sure.














7 comments:

Steph said...

Hooray!! Welcome to the world of blogging. I look forward to seeing my beautiful nieces more often now : )

Roger, Amanda, Karys and Hannah said...

Congrats on your blog! Hope you're better than me at updating. I'm gonna do it eventually, but we're on vacation right now. Can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Just testing to see if the comment box works.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Cool, Amy! I'm proud of you... Keep up the good work! I'll enjoy watching your family grow and do! Maybe I'll have time to blog when I retire... in a million years!!! :-)

Love your music too! :-)
Cousin Janet

Anonymous said...

Oh yes... the guys in my office were pretty impressed that the girls are taking GOLF soooo young! They liked the PINK GOLF CLUBS idea!!! :-)

EEEEMommy said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited you started a blog. I think about you often and wonder how you guys are doing. It will be so fun to catch up and keep up with your blog!

Do you still have that CD we recorded from the praise team? The kids found ours and have been having fun listening to it. Fond memories! :)
Miss you!

Grace and Peace,
Angel

P.S. Love the pictures, your girls are beautiful and you and Dan look great too! :)

Bill Darden said...

Hey there! Like one of your friends said, hope you're better at keeping up with posts than I. I've found that most of the things I want to write about become OBE (Overwhelmed By Events) :)

Look forward to keeping in touch!
Bill

PS - If you do have a copy of an old LPBC worship CD, by chance did it have the Micah 6:8 song on it? That's a tune I've never forgotten, and it became one of my favorite memory verses!